Editorial - 0161 482 6220 | Advertising - 0161 482 6224/6222

The voice of the skip hire, recycling and waste industries in the UK & Ireland.

UKCM embark on 72-hole charity golf challenge

UKCM embark on 72-hole charity golf challenge

COLLEAGUES at the Winsford-based UK Container Maintenance (UKCM) took part in a gruelling 14 hour, 72 hole golf challenge at Carden Park Golf Course in Tarporley on Wednesday, 28 August.

Joining the team for the 6am tee off was UKCM’s sales director, Richard Delooze and factory director, Ben Clarke, along with Mitchel Brown from Brown Recycling Ltd and James Martin.

The competitors were on their feet for the full duration of the challenge, trekking around 20 miles and hitting the ball over 300 times. As well as testing their physical abilities, it also challenged their mental toughness – as any keen golfer will testify, the sport requires the utmost concentration.

Having set themselves a target of £2,000, all funds raised will be donated to UKCM’s chosen charities of the year: The Joshua Tree in Northwich and St Luke’s Hospice in Winsford.

“As a family-owned, close-knit business, we are constantly trying to push our employees outside of their comfort zones to generate money for great causes. I’d like to feel we can get over half the workforce involved in some kind of challenge over the next 12 months so we can give something back to our local community,” said Richard Delooze.

Andy Bailey of St Luke’s Hospice in Winsford said: “We receive just 15% of our funding from government so for the other 85% we rely on local community and corporate support. It’s brilliant to have been chosen as one of UKCM’s charities of the year!”

Helen Ritchie, corporate partnership officer at The Joshua Tree said: “The funds raised from UKCM’s charity golf day will go towards building our new, purpose-built support centre in Sandiway, Cheshire. This will provide an appropriate and much needed environment for our families, accommodating children of all ages from toddlers through to teenagers and young adults. The support we’re getting from UKCM is incredibly helpful.”

The team were up at first light for a 6am tee-off and completed the challenge at around 8pm.

You can donate by visiting: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/UKCM


www.ukcontainers.co.uk